Friday 7 January 2011

One down... 51 to go

You know how I said the other day that I had probably jinxed things by saying that I felt that I was doing okay, and that I was making good progress.

Well, that bad mojo caught up with me today. It was a day in which it was certainly harder to spot the 'achievements'. Even so, it was the whole business today basically screwed it's plan up and threw it in the bin within half an hour of us starting.

Previously, I might have fought this fire fighting, or argued about it, but today I just got on with things, even with the slightly more difficult conditions. This, I think, helped. I wasn't so much fighting everything and everyone else.

Bloody hard work though.

After last winter, I promised myself that I would not go through 'that' again. I decided, in the spring, that I would change how I dealt with the overwork that forms part of the winter period in the call centre (the bit when everyone goes crazy with fear about their bills), and I have to say that although this hasn't produced an oasis of calm in the middle of the call centre that is me, I do feel more.... rational.

I'm really no use to anyone, especially me, if I am feeding of anger and frustration all the time, I end up making rash choices, bad judgements and bite of the hands of those that try to help, purely because I am so short-sighted in that state that I can't see the wood for the trees.

Well, we are more than half way out of the dark now, it may still be a fair old climb back out of winter, and into spring, but we are on the way there.

And this summer, I'm determined to spend more of it somewhere I normally don't.... out of doors. I want to get out there and soak up the air, the warmth, the sun... if anything, just so I can remember that there actually was a summer when we get back to winter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment