Sunday 13 February 2011

Will you be my Valentine ?

It's February 13th. It's cold and wet outside. How the hell will the postman be able to deliver all those valentines cards ?

I've never been one for the Valentines' day thing. Only really had one person that I was madly in love with and wanted to shower with gifts. Some things work out. Some things do not.

Ho hum.

After my last blog, where I wondered if social networking sites have caused a depression in sales in the celebration cards industry, I now babble on about the flip side.

The flip side being another of those pretty much commercially created events that encourage us to spend lots of money on pieces of card or horrendously over priced flowers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unromantic. Actually I'd love to have someone to throw all my attention at, well someone that wanted it anyway. - after the court case I'd better not do THAT again. (I am joking, but you knew that, right ?).

Took Chloe on a walk round Foxs' forest (Hilsea Lines) today. After yesterday's brilliant sunshine, it was a bit depressing that it was so cold and wet today. Almost like the weather realised it had a target to hit of how much rain to give in a seven day period, and had buggered it up by making Saturday such a lovely day.

There's something about rain and mud that most children like. Even if it is freezing cold mud. Maybe it was the joy of trying to kick it in my direction and seeing me get all anxious about how dirty my trainers and jeans were getting. Truth be told, I was inappropriately dressed for the excursion. Fresh air, it's good for you it is.

Anyway.. wishing you a happy Valentines' day. If that's what you want. If not, piss off and put a DVD on or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment