Wednesday 12 June 2013

For the words as yet unwritten.

Work today was still a tough emotional thing for me. At times I actually wonder if I'm fit to be someone in charge of other people. I certainly question if I want to be. 

Having spoken to my boss about the things I'm noticing, and how I'm dealing with it, she said I was doing the right thing, and importantly doing it the right way. 

I think I've got my work cut out, to get things headed in the direction I want, but I know that it's the right thing to do. After all, what's the point in only doing half the job, and creating a need for customers to call back in? People answering the phone have a great deal of knowledge and experience, so it seems fruitless to ask the customer if there's any way you can help them further - when they probably won't know about half the things that can be done. I guess that's the point of training and paying people well to deal with their query. 

In a few short minutes, it's June 13th. My 41st birthday. Another day older. Another year passed. Growing inside. Learning more and more about myself, the world around me - and my place in it. 

Still haven't answered Helen's voicemail about doing something. If I'm honest I'm not in a rush to do anything to celebrate with her or anyone else. Maybe this is something I need to push past. After all. It's not my birthday everyday. 


Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment