Thursday 15 August 2013

The day after the cycle the day before.

Thursday August 15th. 2013 10:09

Yesterday we finally managed to go on the cycle ride that we've been talking about doing for the last few days. All told, with the journey into Rye and back, I think we've cycled about 22 to 24 miles.

That's the furthest certainly I've gone on a ride in my life. I'm really proud that Chloe kept up too, and not a single complaint about it.

We stopped off half way round at the 'Rose and Crown' for a pub lunch. I've even managed to catch some sun.

The countryside is beautiful and the country lanes that we've travelled on barely had any traffic on them at all.

Returning to Rye, we went into the supermarket and stocked up on supplies, so it was with a back breaking load of food in my rucksack and another canvas bag full on my handlebars.

Pretty soon after getting back to the caravan and some light food, Chloe was snoring on the sofa. After our somewhat quieter Wednesday, I don't blame her. For me, I'm surprised that I'm not immobile with aches and pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment