Tuesday 30 July 2013

Celebration



My daughter's birthday. I'd offered to take the day off work, but she'd wanted to spend the day with her friends, and with her Mum.

Her Mum sent me a text message, pretty much echoing my thoughts about how I can't believe that our daughter is 14, of all the things that we've all been through in those 14 years, and how she's turned out. We're both really proud of her, and just can't quite find the words to express how surreal it is that she's that old. That she's growing up so fast. I know that she's doing very well at the whole 'teenager' thing.

She shares her birthday, with of all people. Wil Wheaton.

Happy Birthday to you both.

How did I get to be the parent of a 14 year old ? (I know the answer to that question. I'm not that stupid).

The summer wave has ended, or at the least been interrupted.

Still warm though. After booking the holiday yesterday, I really wish I could have been on holiday today. I wanted to be in that mode, of not getting up unless you wanted to. Not going somewhere unless you wanted to.

Looking forward to those sun-kissed walks, the open space. The Countryside. It may piss with rain all week for all I care. I would probably still go out and enjoy the outdoors.

The only thing I will miss, is the cats. I've asked my Mum to look after them, because I don't want my sister to end up having to do it when my Nephew can't be bothered to. She's got a pile on her plate at the moment, and well, really that's no different to normal. For her.


No comments:

Post a Comment