Monday 21 June 2010

Fathers' Day

Fathers' day, such a great invention. Well, it is if you are a father. Another great weekend. Good times with my daughter. Achieved much this weekend, I feel like I have a life outside of work again... and I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow and make a difference. Rubbish. I'd really like to not go in, and spend time doing things that I really think are important.

Any how. Spent some time round my parents, what with wanting to wish my Dad a happy Fathers' day n all. My sister came round to perform her duty as a good daughter too. Couple of hours later, and my Mum showing us lots of family photos, it was obviously time to go when she asked 'you're not staying much longer are you, 'cause your Dad's getting tired'. Maybe he was, but am I being overly sensitive, but is that just a little bit rude and harsh ?

Still ho hum. Seen my parents more in the last four weeks than I have for the rest of the year. Probably means the next time I'll see them is my daughter's birthday, and then my youngest nephew's. Then it'll be Christmas. Unless of course I get involved when it's time for them to move to their new house.

I know this is coming across rather bitter, and I never wanted to use this blog as some form of psychotherapy jaunt. Thankfully the internet wasn't around when I was a teenager, or my diary would have been online. All three volumes of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment