Friday 11 March 2011

And you thought your day was bad ?

My day has been absolutely shocking. Any grand plans for the day went out the window the moment that I was made aware of a high level complaint that I had been responsible for. This required some considerable investigation to see exactly how it was that this had come to pass.

Depressing ? Frustrating ? Embarrassing ? Yes.

Some mistakes, are easily made, but have profound and far reaching consequences. Making mistakes is one thing. Not learning from them is another.

There I was, not exactly feeling sorry for myself, but feeling that things have to change, some in large, some in not so large ways, when something brought me into focus.

On the other side of the planet, hundreds of people have died, as an earthquake measuring 8.9 on the Richter scale hits Japan. Tsunami following the quake have added to the disaster, and surrounding islands and nations in the Pacific are all on alert.

Just goes to show doesn't it. No matter how bad your day is, there's always someone else who's having a worse one.

No comments:

Post a Comment